Thank you for your interest in joining Harrow Shenzhen!
Applying to any new school can be a daunting process, but our Admissions team is here to help you. The following steps will assist you in better understanding our admissions process.
Limited seats are available for the current and upcoming academic year, we encourage you to submit your application early.
Please note that your application will be considered only if we have seats available. To understand our school vacancy, please get in touch with our admissions team.
- Citizenship/Residency. Harrow Shenzhen Qianhai only accepts applications from foreign passport holders or residents from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. At least one parent of the applicant must be a foreign passport / foreign permanent resident holder or a resident from Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan. For applicants with a Chinese passport, at least one parent must provide a Diploma Certificate authorized by the Chinese Service Center for Scholarly Exchange, and valid proof of employment in Qianhai for a minimum of 90 days.
- Language. English is the language of instruction in all grades. The successful applicant must demonstrate a sufficient level of English to access the curriculum.
- Special Educational Needs. Parents of students who have special educational needs should consult with HIS to ensure that the school has the resources available to serve their children before applying for admission or arriving in Shenzhen. HIS does not have the facilities or faculty required to educate children with severe learning needs.
- Process for Admissions. The process of admission is dependent on the applicant’s age. Families should contact the HIS admissions office for detailed information regarding the application process.
- Age and Year Levels. The cut-off date for entry into each year level is 1st September. Therefore, candidates for entry to a grade level must have reached the specified age on or before August 31st. A student’s grade level placement is based on the student’s age. For specific application year level, please refer table below.
Assessment and Interview
Once we receive your application, with all required documents, we will reach out to schedule assessments and interviews within 2 weeks.
Admissions assessment and interview requirements are different according to the year groups. Please refer to the table below to understand our assessment and interview requirements.
|Nursery – Year 1
|Year 2 and above
You will receive the admissions result usually within 1 week after the assessments and interviews. However, it might take a longer for specific cases. Please contact our admissions officer for updates.
Parents need to pay the deposit and fill in confirmation documents within 5 working days after receiving an offer. Otherwise, the place may be offered to another applicant.
- The School strictly abides by all applicable national laws and regulations, and/or the relevant Education Bureau policies, when handling admissions and enrolment matters.
- Our enrolment and admissions processes are open and transparent. All admissions decisions are firmly underpinned by these principles.
- Under no circumstances will the School authorise any third party agency or individual to commit or provide any form of guarantee of the successful enrolment of a student.
- All fees must be paid through bank remittance. No other methods of payment are accepted. We do not accept payment by cash.